Thursday, September 28, 2006

YAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

My sleep schedule got thrown sometime in the last month, and I can't seem to shake the idea that 3am is the new eleven pm. It's not, which I realize again every 3pm, in class, when I get extra sleepy. But I seem to have forgotten again.
I just felt like posting something lighter or more trivial after my last post, which was extra heavy. I don't want anyone coming to my blog and getting slit their wrists depressed. I have my moments of thinking dark things, but I really DO think other stuff. Honest. Like right now, I'm thinking about washing my clothes. The pile in my closet has reached take over the world proportions again, and I must stop it before it does something rash.
....
.....
......
Dangit. Brain not working. I bet if I try to sleep it will work overtime. Stupid brain.
I guess I'll have to aim for the extra fluffy, since my brain can't formulate complex humor right now.
I'll go with the ever popular ten things you didn't know about me.
here goes:
1. I'm a big sci fi geek
2. I am my cat's bitch
3. Once upon a time I could actually spell. That time has passed.
4. I have been known to dance in my underwear. To the Pretty in Pink soundtrack.
5. Once I tried origami. It was a disaster. That paper crane was laughing at me.
6. I used to write humor for my high school newspaper, and eventually I plan on doing it for a real live grown up one.
7. I also used to edit that newspaper. I agree with Mark Twain on newspaper editing. He said "I am not the editor of a newspaper and shall always try to be good and do right so that God will not make me one." Ditto.
8. I used to collect qoutes in a small black notebook; I am slowly resurrecting that habit.
9. I think that if I lined up this semester's required reading it could circle the globe three times (grumble grumble, bitch bitch)
10. I know from firsthand experience that in politics the word "frankly" roughly translates to "ahem, I am about to be an asshole".
Off to try and sleep. Maybe if I could just trick my brain into thinking that it IS 3pm, and that I am in class....

1 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Especially at 3pm while listening to a heavily accented Asian man go on about the opium wars.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home