Friday, October 06, 2006

Absolutely Seething

I was just reading the news stories about the man that barged into a school, sexually assualted six girls, and then killed one, followed by the story of the man who killed five, shot ten, and had ky jelly and an eyeletted bondage board.
Now the sons of bitches are giving each other ideas.
When Columbine happened I was in my junior year of high school a state away, hearing the news updates every class period. All day long there was pervasive panic and dread. What happened there was horrific, and yet it occured to me at the time that one day we might see people doing this to schools and commiting sex crimes as a matter of opportunity, or even motivation instead of sticking to the usual murder and mayhem. I was just becoming aware of how much more common sex crimes are than murder.
I hate it when I'm right.
Strictly speaking I'm not a religious person, but if I had a religion, it wouldn't be one of the forgiving ones. I very much hope that if there is a hell, these men go there.
I wish that I had something nicer to say tonight. I just really don't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I'm glad I don't pay much attention to the news. I guess I'm like that because I know I will usually be assaulted by something disgusting while watching. I just don't have the stomach for it.

8:28 PM  
Blogger jen said...

lynn,
hi there. yeah. i should stop, but i'm hooked on cnn, even though the quality has leaned towards crap lately. i wish i had ignored it for another week.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home