Thursday, November 09, 2006

I am such a list fanatic

But really, what's one more?
I thought that to close down this latest of my moody and broody blog sections and move onto somthing more shiny and happy (I hope) I would sum up some of the valuable life lessons that I've picked up so far.
1. It is better to be happy than rich, although if you're neither you're pretty much screwed.
2. Don't wish that you were someone else-you never know how many times that person has managed to humiliate themself in public.
3. Don't envy what someone else has. You never know what they had to do to get it.
4. If you go with greed and screw someone else over to get what you want, you will always have the taste of ashes in your mouth when you try to enjoy your ill gotten gain.
5. Friends come in all shapes, sizes, religions and sexual orientations. Collect them all; the world is a big place and there be monsters in it.
6. If you suddenly feel the need to send warm thoughts or prayers to someone else, do it. Trust me. The worst thing that can happen if you do is nothing.
7. When you get a box of chocolates, always poke out the middle-this is a shrewd move and will ultimately spare you the pain of coconut ickiness.
8. Violence is a single purpose tool- defense against other people who misuse it to cause harm.
9. The roommate who notices the dishes first always ends up doing them. Playing dumb is your only hope.
10. The law of Karma, however, dictates that whoever pretends not to see the giant hairball on the carpet is doomed to step on it. Barefoot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I love #5 and #7 the best. I like coconut, but it makes me feel like I haven't flossed. THAT, to me, is ickiness. bleck

11:58 PM  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

You know, I like #8, too. I like it a lot.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home