Wednesday, November 08, 2006

life soundtrack

entertaining myself by coming up with a list of songs that I could use to play as background music to my life
1. seether's broken
2. Hoobastank's crawling in the dark
3. Rasmus' in the shadows
4. three days grace's scared
5. sarah mclaughlan's fear (emerging theme!)
(damn am i broody)
6. billy joel's shades of grey
7. agent orange's everything turns grey
(since i was on grey anyway)
8. counting crows version of big yellow taxi
9. meredith brook's shatter
10. meredith brook's wash my hands
(okay, now i know i've been watching too many moody mv's on youtube)
11. twisted sister's we're not gonna take it
12. kansas' carry on my wayward son (because they don't have a song that says carry on my wayward daughter, but what the hell)
13. bon jovi's its my life
14. the theme song to the breakfast club- i think it's don't you forget about me
15. three day's grace animal i've become
hmm. i could say that i am inherently depressing and kind of a wet blanket, but the thing of it is that this is also the music that i listen to when i'm happy. i blame the genre. songwriters in the rock genre are all extremely screwed up people.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I hear many fiction writers are a little screwed up, too. Hmmm... there could be something to that.

Lately I am shying away from the old familiar music for more current stuff. I couldn't tell you what half of it is, but it sounds good! It's something new, anyway.

12:34 AM  
Blogger jen said...

lynn- ditto on the no idea what you're listening to thing. I had to go look these up on the net to figure out what they were :)
Brian- moldy is a state of mind. a little mental bleach will clean that right up ;P

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home